Mercy Hospital for Women
Dr Chris Russell is an accredited private obstetrician at the Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg. He has consulting rooms on level 6 of the hospital.
The Mercy was built in 2005, so is the newest of the hospitals that Chris delivers babies. The facilities are outstanding, and private patients are accommodated in private rooms with ensuite, most with panoramic views over the eastern suburbs all the way to the Dandenongs. Partner Package rooms with double beds are also available (these must be requested when you present in labour), allowing partners to room in with mother and baby.
There are many advantages to having your baby at the Mercy, including:
- The Mercy is Victoria’s safest obstetric hospital
- Experienced midwives and lactation consultants
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Unit
- The Mercy is able to accommodate babies from 24 weeks onwards (the earliest possible)
- You will never need to be transferred to another hospital because of a premature birth.
- Paediatrician cover
- There is a paediatrician in the hospital 24 hours a day in case your new baby needs attention
- Anaesthetic cover
- There is an anaesthetist in the hospital 24 hours a day in case there is a need for an emergency operation (ie caesarean) or if you need an epidural
- Theatre Access
- The operating theatre is staffed by nurses 24 hours a day. This means there is never a delay waiting for staff to be called in from home for an emergency caesarean
- Blood bank on-site
- If a blood transfusion is required, fully cross-matched blood is available within 20 minutes (at some private hospitals this takes 3 hours)
- Intensive Care Unit on-site.
For a tour of the facilities at the Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg, call 8458 4152.
Make An Appointment with Chris
Call 9418 8299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Leave your details here, and one of Chris’s friendly practice secretaries will call you to arrange your appointment. Please list your desired time to be called and your best contact number.