Fertility Treatment Options
After a thorough assessment, Chris will explain all of the treatments available to you, in particular the success rates, advantages and disadvantages, so that you can make an informed decision.
Chris manages the following treatments through his own rooms, reducing costs to patients.
- Ovulation induction with Clomid
- Egg tracking using ultrasound with ovulation trigger injections
- Ovulation induction with FSH injections
- To reduce costs for patients, Chris organises all monitoring through his rooms
Fertility optimisation surgery
The following surgeries can be done, and are associated with improved fertility rates, either natural or through IVF. They are done under a general anaesthetic in day surgery at Epworth Freemasons.
- Curette – cleanout of your uterus
- Tube flush – flushing of the fallopian tubes to clear and test for blockages
- Removal of endometriosis – often you don’t know you have endometriosis until you have a laparoscopy (key-hole surgery). Once it is removed, you are more likely to get pregnant
- Removal of ovarian cysts
- Removal of hydrosalpinx – these are swollen, fluid-filled fallopian tubes that secrete toxins and prevent you from getting pregnant.
Monash IVF Laboratory Treatments
The following treatments take place at Monash IVF in Hawthorn. They are arranged by Chris at an appointment in his consulting suites in East Melbourne or Heidelberg.
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation)
- ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection)
- Egg Freezing
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Donor eggs, including from the World Egg Bank
- Donor sperm for IUI or IVF
- Surgical sperm extraction from the testicle or epididymis (TESA, PESA)
- GIFT (gamete intra-fallopian transfer)
Make An Appointment with Chris
Leave your details here, and one of Chris’s friendly practice secretaries will call or email you on the next business day to arrange your appointment. Please list your preferred contact method, and if by phone, your preferred time to be called.